ABOUT US

Located in the historic Pike Place Market, Isadora’s has specialized in exquisite antique jewelry for 38 years. Our discriminating collection includes pieces from the early 1800’s through the 1950’s, without a reproduction to be found. Our precious pieces are sent to North American Gem Lab for independent appraisals. We invite you to call our toll free number for applicable discounts. On many of our pieces, we are able to offer between 10-25% off of appraisal value.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mondrian: Beautiful Geometry

This Bakelite Brooch has always reminded me of a Mondrian painting, something about its bold geometry and strong primary colors. 



One of Mondrian's Last Paintings and One of My Personal Favorites

I remember reading a quote about Mondrian once.  It said Mondrian’s art was both kinetic and serene.  


Vintage Bakelite Brooch


I really loved that because I love to love something but I also love to understand why I love what I love. 


A Classic Mondrian Piece


And that writer nailed a quality that I had never been able to codify for myself.  There is something in the simplicity of his colors and lines that brings these inexplicably opposite feelings to meet and I think that is why I have been drawn to Mondrian repeatedly over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment